This guide is only a helpful summary of key information. It is not a substitute for reading the full entry rules, terms and conditions, which can be found here.
1. The entry has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 September 2020 and 31 October 2021 (If only part of the campaign falls into this window, see Part A of the Rules.
2. The entry has been created within the context of a normal paying contract and genuine brief from a brand OR, if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the client has approved all of the media / production / implementation.
3. You have permission to enter this work from the commissioning brand/brand-owning company. We may request proof of this permission directly with the brand.
4. You have included the brand contact details in the entry including name, position and full contact details.
5. The entry has been submitted exactly as published / aired / released / launched.
6. The entry is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
7. A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairperson) from your company has given permission for this work to be entered.
8. The entry was not entered to the same Eurobest Award last year. You may be able to enter the entry into an alternative Eurobest Award, provided it meets the relevant entry requirements, including the eligibility period requirements.
9. There is no reference to your company or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials, except in the case of self-promotion.
10. The entry, and/or digital or physical materials can be understood in English. For further information click here.
11. You understand that, if you withdraw your entry after 23 September 2021, you will not receive a refund. Please see Part A of the Rules for more information on cancellations, refunds and withdrawals.
12. If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form on or before 1 November.
13. All media included in your entries must be the final version at the point that you complete and pay for them. No replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival without exception.
14. By submitting an entry you confirm that you own all applicable legal rights for all media included in your entry.
15. Entries will be accepted on the basis that:
They are designed specifically for and to run in the European* region and are created or produced by companies in the European* region
They are designed specifically for and to run in the European* region and are created or produced by companies outside the European* region
They are designed to run globally as long as they are created or produced by companies in the European* region.
*For the purpose of eurobest, those countries are: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
If you’re unable to meet all the requirements on this list, your entry may be ineligible for the Eurobest Awards 2021. Failure to meet all of these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.
Is your work eligible for Eurobest 2021?
To ensure that work judged at Eurobest is fresh and reflective of the work that drives the industry forward, it is important we structure the competition with eligibility dates. Where your work should be entered is dependent on: when and how the work was implemented, and the Eurobest Award being entered.
If you're not sure whether your work is eligible, get in touch. We strongly recommend checking eligibility before you start to create your entry submissions (see info on refunds and withdrawals).
The key eligibility dates for Eurobest 2021 are 1 September 2020 to 31 October 2021.
For the following Eurobest awards the eligibility dates are 1 September 2020 - 31 October 2021. A majority (more than 50%) of the campaign implementation must have run within these dates
For the following Eurobest awards the eligibility dates are 1 September 2020 - 31 October 2021. All element(s) / executions being entered / judged must have been implemented for the first time within these dates:
Print & Publishing
Radio & Audio
For Creative Business Transformation Lions the customer-facing launch and/or the transition of internal systems / operations must have taken place between 1 September 2018 - 31 October 2021.
For Creative Strategy, the strategy must have been first implemented between 1 September 2018 - 31 October 2021.
For Creative Effectiveness your work must have won or been shortlisted at Eurobest 2018, 2019 or 2020.
Can I re-enter my work if I entered it in 2020?
The same piece of work cannot be submitted into the same Eurobest Award in consecutive years. However, providing the eligibility dates are met, you may enter the work into an alternative Eurobest Award.
We understand that some campaigns span several years, in these cases you will need to demonstrate a significant evolution in order to be considered.
The Festival has the right to decide if the work has evolved sufficiently and can be deemed as a new, eligible entry.
If you are unsure if your work is eligible for Eurobest 2021, please get in touch. We strongly recommend checking eligibility before you start to create your entry submissions.